Linda Cronenwett QSEN Leadership Award
This award is named in honor of Dr. Linda Cronenwett, for her dedicated contributions to the quality and safety education in the nursing community. The Linda Cronenwett QSEN Leadership Award honors an emerging leader in the field of quality and safety education who demonstrates significant contributions to the education of nurses or student nurses through exemplary vision, influence, critical thinking, communication and role modeling. Through leadership within the profession, as a part of interprofessional initiatives, or though impact on professional regulation (accreditation, certification, or licensure), this individual has created meaningful change in the initial or continuing development of nurses and other health professional with respect to key competencies related to quality and safety education.
- Provides leadership for changing the development and nurturing of current and future health professionals to incorporate attention to system-level competencies in patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety and/or informatics.
- Provides leadership in interprofessional initiatives designed to improve quality and safety education or incorporation of IOM/IPEC/QSEN competencies in practice settings
- Develops and mentors future leaders for the long-term work of quality and safety education and practice
Supporting documents required below must address the criteria. A complete nomination package consists of:
- Two (2) letters of endorsement
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Any other supporting documentation that provides direct evidence of the nominee’s contributions (video, syllabus, teaching learning strategy or activities, etc.)
- Submit all materials via PDF to QSEN.Institute@gmail.com
- Must be present to receive the award and is required to present
- Letter of acceptance upon notification within seven days
- Nominations are due by April 11, 2016.
For further information or to make a contribution to fund this award, please contact QSEN.Institute@gmail.com