May 30-June 1, 2017
- Share innovations or research in teaching strategies or curricular design that enhance QSEN competency integration in academic and/or practice settings.
- Share innovations or research that demonstrates evidence of behavior change or system change supported by underlying quality and safety competencies.
- Describe the current state of the implementation and dissemination of quality and safety competencies in academia and practice.
Learn Cutting Edge Implementation and Safety Strategies
Have you heard that healthcare errors may be the THIRD leading cause of death in the United States? Safety is one of the six aims of a high quality healthcare system, yet patients continue to be at risk for errors made by members of the healthcare team as well as suffer from unintended adverse effects of increasingly complex treatment options.
At the 2017 QSEN National Forum, we would like to highlight the Safety Competency which emphasizes the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance. In our call for abstracts, we want to specifically solicit scholarly work around PATIENT SAFETY. This includes:
- Teaching innovations related to patient safety in pre-licensure and graduate nursing programs.
- Integrating evidence based tools and/or programs (e.g. TeamSTEPPS, CUSP, etc.) into educational programs or practice based safety programs.
- Doctoral student projects or research related to patient safety, the culture of safety, and other safety concepts.
As the largest health profession with 3.1 million RNs and growing, nurse can and should lead efforts to reduce patient harm across all care settings.
QSEN Conference Schedule
Early Bird Rate: $400 until April 28 | $450 After April 28
Registration fee includes tuition, educational materials, full breakfasts (2), breaks, lunch, and the May 30 Poster Reception.
- FPB is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91), (OH-216, 8/2019).
13.5 Nursing CEUs pending
2-3 Nursing CEUS pending for Preconference Sessions on May 30
Location & Room Reservations
323 E Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601
Room Rate: $189/night
Reservations Team:1-888-737-9477 Reference the group name: “Case Western 2017 QSEN Program”
or the Block Code “0517CASE_002”
Book Online: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/2017qsen
*Due to high attendance at the hotel, please be sure to book your room early.
Main Speakers: QSEN17 Highlighted Speakers
-Swissotel Travel Guide -Testimonials
SPONSORS | QSEN Sponsorship Opportunities Form
*Funding for this conference was made possible by Grant #0422 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organization imply endorsement by the U.S Government.