Author: Daniela Eichelberger, RN, MSN CPHQ
Title: Clinical Associate Professor
Institution: Columbia College of Nursing
- Explain why information and technology skills are essential for safe patient care
- Navigate the electronic health record
- Respond appropriately to clinical decision making supports and alerts
- Use information management tools to monitor oucomes of care processes
- Protect confidentiality of protected health information in electronic health records
- The extent that the students were able to draw conclusions from the data they found
- The extent that the students were able to identify other additional information needed to provide safe and appropriate care to their patients.
- The extent to which they were able to identify how their assessment of the information on the E.H.R. may have contributed to their decision-making related to the patient care they provided.