Website: Click here
The National Committee for Quality Assurance is a private, not-for-profit organization, dedicated to improving health care quality. Since its founding in 1990, NCQA has been a central figure in driving improvement throughout the health care system, helping to elevate the issue of health care quality to the top of the national agenda.
To read more and utilize their tools; visit their website: http://www.ncqa.org/
Professional ambulatory care nursing is a complex, multifaceted specialty that encompasses independent and collaborative practice.
The comprehensive practice of ambulatory care nursing is built on a broad knowledge base of nursing and health sciences, and applies clinical expertise rooted in the nursing process.
- Identify ambulatory care practice as a specialty that is essential to the continuum of accessible, high quality, and cost-effective health care.
- Are committed to their professional development and the quality of patient care in an ambulatory care environment and seek to actively engage in a community of like-minded professionals.
- Foster understanding and appreciation for the vital role of professional registered nurses as leaders, coordinators of patient care, and care providers in an ambulatory care setting.
“We inspire our members to excel by providing educational services, networking, advocacy and research to support the unique needs of nursing professional development”.
The Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) advances the specialty practice of nursing professional development for the enhancement of healthcare outcomes. Professional development as a specialty of nursing practice is defined by standards, based on research, and critical to quality patient and organizational outcomes.
ANPD is committed to providing research and resources that enhance our practice locally, in each of our organizations. As we integrate professional development best practice in achieving our organizations’ goals we truly enhance healthcare outcomes. As we focus on priorities, we enhance collaboration and provide valuable expertise in our organizations. We are providing hope.
ANPD is the thought leader and resource for nursing professional development.
- QSEN competencies are an integral component of academic education to prepare nurses for clinical practice.
- Newly licensed nurses should be taught about the alignment between theQSEN project and IOM initiatives during nurse residency programs.
- Preceptors who work with newly licensed nurses should be taught about the alignment between the QSEN project and IOM initiatives in order to effectively communicate with newly licensed nurses about quality and safety.
- All licensed nurses should receive ongoing education and assessment related to the IOM quality competencies.
AORN is a non-profit membership association based in Denver, Colorado that represents the interests of more than 160,000 perioperative nurses by providing nursing education, standards, and clinical practice resources – including the peer-reviewed, monthly publication AORN Journal
“To promote safety and optimal outcomes for patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures by providing practice support and professional development opportunities to perioperative nurses. AORN will collaborate with professional and regulatory organizations, industry leaders, and other health care partners who support the mission”.
AORN will be the indispensable resource for evidence-based practice and education that establishes the standards of excellence in the delivery of perioperative nursing care.
PartnerHealth’s president, Karen Curtiss, transformed her family’s preventable tragedies from hospital care into Safe & Sound solutions….
Vision and Mission
Patients, their families, and all care providers are “on the same page” with Safe & Sound checklists and tools.
Their collaboration will ensure ….
American Interprofessional Health Collaborative
Website: Click Here
The American Interprofessional Health Collaborative transcends boundaries to transform learning, policies, practices and scholarship towards an improved system of health and wellness for individual patients, communities, and populations. It believes educating those entrusted with the health of individuals, communities and populations to value and respect each other’s unique expertise and skills and to work together is fundamental to care that is effective, safe, oh high quality and efficient in terms of cost, resources and time.
IHI Open School
- Academy for Healthcare Improvement
- AHRQ Patient Safety Network
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- AORN Patient Safety First – Resources
- Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (AACN)
- 5 Millon Lives Campaign (IHI)
- Hallmarks of Quality and Patient Safety (AACN)
- Institute for Family-Centered Care
- JCAHO Patient Safety
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Errors
- Medication Safety Tools and Resources (Institute for Safe Medication Practices)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality
- National Committee for Quality Insurance
- National League for Nursing
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- The NC Center for Hospital Quality and Patient Safety
- Patient-Centered Care (IHI)
- Patient Safety (IHI)
- Picker Institute
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Ten Patient Safety Tips for Hospitals (AHRQ)
- Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform-The TIGER Initiative
- Transforming Care at the Bedside (IHI and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
- VA National Center for Patient Safety