Informatics Web Resources
- American Nursing Informatics Association
- TIGER Initiative
- American Medical Informatics Association
- The Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) is hosting a webinar Enabling IPE Through Health Communication & Health Technology on April 18, 2:00-3:00 pm (ET), highlighting the honorable mention winners of the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) and IPEC Public Health Excellence in Interprofessional Education Collaboration Award in the category of health communications and health technology. This free webinar is open to deans, faculty, staff, and students from IPEC member schools, as well as non-members, communities of interest, and practice representatives. Register here.
- The Big Ten Academic Alliance Nursing Informatics Collaborative is offering a series of free webinars to enhance skillsets for using Big Data in nursing research. Healthcare faculty are encouraged to participate and broaden their knowledge about Big Data, which they can pass on to students. The alliance also offers a free six-module course—a collaborative effort between AACN, the University of Minnesota, and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation—aimed at faculty new to nursing informatics and interested in a broad overview of the discipline. Subjects discussed include knowledge complexity, informatics literacy, data standards and standardized languages, clinical decision support, and future trends.
- How do Future nursing educators Perceive Informatics?
- Informatics Competencies for Nursing and Healthcare Leaders
- The role of nursing informatics on promoting quality of health care and the need for appropriate education
- What nurse educators need to know about the TIGER initiative
Margie R. Godin, MS, BSN, RN-BC
Informatics Nurse Specialist
Center for Professional Excellence and Inquiry