ABOUT THE AWARD
The purpose of the 2020 QSEN International Forum Poster Awards is to recognize excellence in disseminating the QSEN competencies in both academic and practice settings.
Each poster presented at the QSEN Forum during the designated poster judging session will be eligible to win the QSEN Poster Award in its appropriate award category. At least one of the poster’s authors must be registered for the QSEN Forum and in attendance at the designated poster judging session to discuss their work and answer any questions.
Nature of the Award
- This award consists of a certificate and a QSEN gift.
- The awards will be given during the QSEN Forum.
The award selection is a peer-reviewed process. Posters qualifying for the Academic, Practice and Rapid-Fire categories will be evaluated by Poster Chairs during the poster session. Their nominations will then be blinded and presented to the Poster Awards Committee who will tally numbers and determine the final winners. The People’s Choice poster award will be chosen by a majority vote from participating QSEN Forum attendees in an online voting format.
Posters in all 4 award categories will be judged on the following:
- Aesthetics: How aesthetically pleasing is the poster to the viewer (color, spacing, text, organization, clarity)?
- Background: Is the background for the research or informational poster clearly stated?
- Innovation: How innovative/unique is this project?
- Implementation: Is the process of implementation for the research or informational poster well-described?
- Implications: How strong are the implications/outcomes of the poster content in regards to QSEN competency/quality/safety promotion?.
Type of Awards
- Peoples choice
Presentation of Awards:
The winning posters will be announced publicly before the conclusion of the QSEN Forum. There will be one QSEN Certificate of Excellence and one QSEN gift awarded for each winning poster.
CONTACT INFORMATION For further information or to make a contribution to fund this award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.